While Gmail, the Google email service, is extremely reliable, you continue to may want to download important business correspondence to the computer’s disk drive. Gmail Backup is actually a program made specifically for this reason, but it is buggy and not suitable for Windows 7, since it has not been updated since 2009. As of this writing, the best way to save Google email messages is to use your desktop email program, since Gmail uses the regular POP3 mail system. Thunderbird, which happens to be free, and Microsoft Outlook, that is included whenever you purchase Microsoft Office, are easy to configure for Save emails to PDF.
1. Launch Gmail and sign in with your usual username and password. Wait an additional or two to your mailbox to look at.
2. Click on the icon of your gear over a white background located with the right-hand corner in the mailbox page to look at the principle settings prompt. Select “Settings” from the pull-down menu that appears.
3. Select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab inside the Settings page. It will be the fifth tab through the left.
4. Scroll to the Pop Download section of the page, which is the second section from the top. Check either the very best radio button marked “Enable POP for many Mail (even mail that’s previously been downloaded)” or even the one right under it marked “Enable POP for Mail that Arrives from Now On” based upon whether you wish to download and save old messages in your computer.
5. Choose the option that is handiest to suit your needs within the pull-down menu beneath the radio boxes that is marked: “When messages are accessed with POP.” Keeping the default option of “Keep Gmail’s Copy in the Inbox” is usually the most convenient choice. Alternately, you may choose “Mark Gmail’s Copy as Read,” “Archive Gmail’s Copy” or “Delete Gmail’s Copy,” for the way you need the copy that continues to be within your Gmail box to become handled.
6. Click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.
7. Launch your email client and open the prompt that you use to incorporate a whole new account. Click “Local Folders” in the left-hand column of your home page of Thunderbird and then click “Put In A New Account.” Alternately, click “File” followed by “Info” then select the “Add Account” prompt that is certainly marked by using a plus sign and located toward the top of the the Outlook information page.
8. If using Thunderbird, type the requested information for Server to the respective text fields around the window that appears. Go through the “Continue” prompt and allow the automatic account setup to confirm the account settings. If using Outlook, click the “Manually Configure Server or Additional Server Types” radio t0PDF in the bottom from the Microsoft Outlook account window and follow the directions in Steps 9 and 10.
9. Click “Next” towards the bottom of the account information box in Outlook. Wait a 2nd to the “Choose Service” dialog box to look. Click “Next” again after confirming the Internet E-mail default radio box is ticked from the Choose Service dialog box and wait a 2nd for your Internet E-mail Settings dialog box to show up. Enter all the information to your Gmail account in the respective fields. Enter “pop.gmail.com” since the incoming mail server and “smtp.gmail.com” because the outgoing mail server. Enter your whole email address, including “@gmail.com,” from the “User Name” field.
10. Go through the “More Settings” button at the lower right-hand side from the dialog box and wait an additional for your Internet E-mail Settings box to show up. Select the “Outgoing Server” tab after which look at the box marked “My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication.” Examine the default “Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server” radio box and click on “OK.” Click” Next” and wait a number of seconds for the system to transmit and receive test email messages. Click “Close” in the test message box combined with “Finish” inside the main dialog box to go back to the primary Outlook window.
11. Download the mail to your new account by selecting “Send/Receive.” All emails that you simply download have become held in the mail folder on your hard disk drive.