Every business desires to stand out by ranking well when a potential customer or client does an Internet search. Local search is now becoming the normal way potential customers and clients find a business to buy products or services from. Actually over 65% of prospective customers and clients search on the internet to find local goods and services.
Reviews, in my opinion are definitely the major tie breaker for local search listings. Everything being equal more reviews, from more sources may help put your listing at the top while keeping it there. It may also catapult your listing in to the top 10 where it previously had not been found. Google likes to see there is certainly interest in a business through the community. Additionally potential prospects like to see reviews as the number one factor for many people is what other existing customers have to say regarding a business or service.
Generally hospitality businesses and repair providers will typically have citations in different locations across the Internet. Here are among the directories where you will find reviews:
· Insider Pages
· Yellow Pages
· Ask Business Search
· InfoUSA Sales Solutions
· Judy’s Book
· Angie’s List
Generally these are generally legitimate reviews left by actual customers. In certain industries you will find marketing providers that generate user reviews. I used to be told with a dentist their competitor used this type of company to generate a lot of reviews. I also know some businesses contract with service providers who go offshore (Philippine Islands mostly) and also have reviews artificially generated.
For new businesses and independent professionals you will want to develop a want to generate reviews. Ask your pals to help have the ball rolling. Ask existing customers should they can help. Offer new clients an incentive if they leave an evaluation. Allow it to be easy for them to do that, provide specific links and instructions. Offering a bonus just like a Starbucks gift card, a price reduction on future business will all help your time and energy. Be aware though, don’t bunch reviews up at once, space them out. It appears odd should you get ten reviews 1 day and none for the next 2 months.
Citations can also be like backlinks. Links in sites that have your small business contact info also help the cause. Mentions in local newsletters, event calendars, media sites (radio, newspaper, and TV) can provide backlinks and citation mention for your local company listing.
Some important considerations in your review strategy:
· Obtaining Reviews Through the Major Directories- The list above covers a lot of the major search directories. There are likely smaller ones serving regions or individual cities. When I mentioned if you have a hospitality business (restaurant, bar, hotel, etc.) then you certainly likely curently have reviews.
· Local Citations- Web sites that serve the neighborhood community like media, Chamber of Commerce, city guides and the like may have mention of your small business or service. Be sure they have got accurate links for you and make contact with information.
· Reviews searching Engine Listings- The major search engine local business listings permit you to leave reviews. It becomes an simple and convenient location to leave reviews should you be not inside the hospitality or contracting business.
· Customer Reviews at Third Party Websites- There might be countless these in every locale. They could also include local blogs. Again, be sure your mention contains accurate location information.
· Positive Customer Ratings- Oddly enough it seems that it will not necessarily matter whether the reviews are good, bad or indifferent. This only applies in regards to the success or failure from the listing, not very customer’s thought of your company.
Some time used on cultivating reviews will result in big dividends in your search presence and success. Check out the number of the first handful of local listings have. That will be your target to overcome! Local search engines like google employ NAP, i.e. Name, Address and Phone number- being a yardstick for accuracy and consistency to validate local business owners. It is very important to ensure that even smallest piece of data offered here aligns in the perfect fashion. Being an entrepreneur you need to actually are avoiding even the most seemingly negligible mistake that may hurt your citation.
As an example, if you’re running “Bowie’s Confectionery” and enlisting (in the local directories) yourself as “Bowies’ Confectionery” then you definitely have got your registration wrong. It’s your NAP which differentiates your company from those of others. It is possible to jolly well imagine the number of confectioneries doing business in your neighborhood. Most of them are iythcm of the importance of local search engine optimization. As a result, these are registering in directories as well. It’s your Name, Address and Phone that gives your business it is true identity- often lets your prospects differentiate your business from those of others. So, you can not manage to fail there.
It needs to be ensured your NAP is consistent across all local directories. There is no room for many different names, addresses and telephone numbers in various directories. You should place the right name, address and telephone number on the first directory and sustain it across all directories. There is not any room for errors as far as spellings, numbers as well as single alphabets in local citation. The Regional SEO Company which you are hiring, needs to be well aware of this specific factor.