The Internet has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business with regard to capturing market share. Search marketing – Search engine optimization, PPC and viral marketing is the most effective and least expensive method of driving targeted traffic to a website. Any type of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Optimization. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine optimization in 2006. This represented a 62% increase over the prior year as well as an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth is related to the explosive growth of the Internet worldwide – a trend which includes impacted every industry in every developed country, producing vast amounts of dollars in revenue for companies using a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to improve Website Traffic. Search engine optimization (SEM) describes listings and links to web sites which are produced on the pages of a search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) when a keyword search term or phrase is entered. There are two varieties of results which are produced. Listings at the top and right column are sponsored is a result of advertisers who pay each and every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their web site. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The greatest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The second kind of search results are the free organic listings which are produced because of content and code on the web site that match criteria dependant on the search engines- essentially search engines like google try to find keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, back-links and traffic flow. The entire process of getting web pages to fit these criteria is referred to as seo or SEO. The closer the site matches the search engine’s criteria, the better the ranking order for your web site. If a website is not found on the first or second page of search engine rankings, it is unlikely that can be found and result in traffic. A variety of pages on a website could be optimized and found through the major search engines. You will find hundreds to thousands of search engine listings. Nearly all searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each internet search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and quite often do change as time passes. For this reason it is really an ongoing process to attain and maintain a good page rank with SEO. When SEO includes a presence in forums, blogs, social networks, and multimedia directories, the effect is viral marketing – this is where traffic and results become very exciting!
Greatest Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A good SEO program is not going to just create a high page rank for keywords, it will drive traffic from the particular target market to web site pages from a number of sources. These may include links from relevant web sites valued by the major search engines, forums, blogs, social networking sites, multimedia directories and web-based press releases. The sum total of all this marketing generates a viral effect resulting in high search engine ranking positions and explosive web site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Niche research and analysis to find out keywords which are searched in significant numbers and relevant to the internet site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map to ensure that search engines like google can crawl the internet site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich website pages for the existing internet site according to targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page in the web site to make every page search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the internet site to niche directories to obtain valuable one of the ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles dedicated to targeted keywords.
7. Creating a blog for the website and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines like google.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines along with other informative sites to get one of the ways links along with relevant traffic for the web site.
9. Exchanging links with some other relevant internet sites to increase backlinks for your website.
10. Engaging in niche Blogs & Forums to get quality backlinks and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Developing a presence in Social networks.
13. Taking part in Video Sharing using video that showcases the net site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. RSS feed creation and submission to various RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in every content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications according to traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes webpages will produce limited results. I actually have personally seen companies charge big dollars and stuff keywords into pages that no individual would read. They may get attention orgnls the search engines but men and women will be off that site in a heartbeat. The end result is effective marketing copy in exactly what is produced for that project.
Most SEO companies do not include a number of these viral marketing concepts in their program. By using this list of criteria when you shop around for a company to do your SEO will help you to make the most value for the money you spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing can be your most productive marketing investment.